Bury B 4-5 Preston North End

Match images here

Preston North End clinched their second victory in the space of a week, beating Bury B 5-4.

North End made the short trip down the motorway to Bury for the 10:30am kickoff. A strong squad of 20 players made the journey for which turned out to be well worth while.

The team was picked, we were ready for action. The match didn't start too well for Preston being pegged back right from the off. Bury were a big threat in the first 20 minutes, creating many chances.

North End found it hard to find their feet in the opening minutes. Bury made the most of Preston's poor start scoring the first two goals.

Bury's opener came direct from a corner kick, Atky putting the ball out after an attack from the Bury forward line. The corner was met with a clean header from the Shakers striker which flew into the top corner.

Bury were piling on the pressure, getting behind the Preston defense on numerous occasions. North End were stretched at the back once again as Bury pounced to make it 2-0. A ball over the top caught the PNE defense watching, for the Bury forward to hit a rasping shot past Chris in goal.

Preston need away back into the game as Bury looked to go on to win the game easily. North End eventually started playing the football they knew we could play. Steve and Jimmy in the middle were influential in creating the first opening for Preston.

Johnny playing on the left wing start to cause Bury all sort of problems down the left flank. Johnny got behind the Bury defense then released a fierce shot which was saved well buy the Bury keeper.

North End continued to press on looking to pull a goal back. Jimmy who swapped positions with brother Alex to go in the center made a surging run towards goal but his shot failed to hit the target.

it was the next attack on goal which saw North End pull a goal back. Johnny once again got past the Bury back line where he crossed the ball along the floor on for it the deflect back to him. Johnny reacted fastest to volley the ball into the roof of the net.

Preston were now in charge of the match, playing some good passing football. Dan, Alex and Allan were keeping the Bury strikers quiet. North End's good possession played off after grabbing a equalizing goal.

Good work down the right from Pete and Stewart led to the second Preston goal. Pete squared the ball to Jim who was waiting at the edge of the box. Jim let fly with a great shot which found the top left hand corner of the net.

Morale was high again after coming from two goals behind. It wasn't soon after Jim's goal Bury were back on the attack which saw the Shakers go back in front.

It resulted from another long ball over the top which wasn't dealt with. The ball was played into the North End 18 yard box for the Bury striker to score from close range.

The first half came to an end, Preston down 3-2. A few changes were made at half time. Mike, Shaun, Bradley, Potter, Lewis, Ash, Dan and Des all coming on at some part in the second half.

The second half started equally, both sides creating some openings. North End got back on level terms for the second time in the match, Andy grabbling the third Preston goal.

Atky took a throw in to Lewis deep in midfield, Lewis played the ball back to Atky who then hit a pass over the Bury defense. Andy beat the offside trap to race through on goal and then lob the on rushing keeper.

Steve who went off at half time made a tactical change which eventually won the game. Preston reverted to a 4-3-3 formation, Allan joining Pete and Andy up front.

Three of the second half subs gelled well. Mike, Bradley and Potter linking up well on the left of midfield. It was a ball that was played over the top which set Allan clear through on goal. Allan made not mistake chipping the keeper to give North End the lead for the first time in the match.

Preston went from strength to strength in the last 20 minutes, keeping out any attacks from Bury. North End gave themselves a two goal cushion soon later. Allan was in the thick of things once again, his presence up front was causing the Bury defense many problems.

Lewis played some good football down the right wing getting behind the defense on many occasions. Shawn did well at the back, keeping a solid line.

It was Allan who wrapped up his second half brace. Allan found himself in on goal once again, beating the keeper with a low shot. Preston's performance was getting better as the match went on.

The games was all but won going into the final five minutes. Bury managed to grab a late consolation goal after a mix up in defense. Steve headed the ball back to sub keeper Jimmy who missed the ball as it trickled into the net.

North End watched the remainder of the match off securing their second win on the trot.

Top: Potter, Pete, Allan, Jimmy, Jim, Chris, Stewart, Alex, Des, Steve, Atky

Bottom: Joe, Ash, Bradley, Johnny, Andy, Mike, Lewis, Dan, Dan, Shawn




Top Home Email